This was a good weekend. Monique finished her Elvira model kit. I made lots of progress on my Captain America resin kit. Ultimate Soldier has been a real experiment for me. First project to use an airbrush on (a Badger Anthem 155), and the first time I’ve ever used Mold Builder to mask paint off.
Speaking of airbrushing, our compressor has been doing a great job, but it shakes the table like an earthquake, and travels as it goes, knocking down everything in its path. We’ve been getting around it by ‘catching’ the compressor as it travels, and pushing it back where it belongs. Can’t set it on the floor, because neither one of us could reach it then. It also gets very hot, so it can’t go in an enclosed place. Can’t be anywhere it would ‘travel’ into something flammable. This weekend we found the solution. I was going to build a small wooden platform with a raised lip, then mount that on the table with small c-clamps. Then I thought… why get complicated? So I c-clamped two of the compressor’s legs to the table. Problem solved! It’s been working great ever since.
I thought the red would be easy. Spray it, cover it, and move on. Should have remembered, any time something looks easy, there’s always some way to complicate it. My red kept looking pink. I finally used a bright red base, airbrushed a light coating of black over it, and then layered reds over the black until it looked kind of ’crimson’. Did a couple of lighter coats at an angle to highlight it. Won’t know for sure if I like it until all the Mold Builder comes off.
Captain America Ultimate Soldier← Captain America Resin Model Kit: Finally painting the details!Captain America Ultimate Soldier Resin Model Kit: Time to Peel Off the Mold Builder →
- The Next Phase: Captain America "Ultimate Soldier" and "Let Freedom Ring" (and learning to airbrush!)
- Building Captain America: The Ultimate Soldier Resin Model Kit
- Captain America: The Ultimate Soldier - Painting the Base
- Captain America: Ultimate Soldier - Airbrushing the Base Coat
- Painting Captain America with the Badger Anthem 155 Airbrush (missing parts)
- Captain America Resin Model Kit: Finally painting the details!
- Captain America Ultimate Soldier Resin Model Kit - Almost done!
- Captain America Ultimate Soldier Resin Model Kit: Time to Peel Off the Mold Builder
- Captain America Ultimate Soldier Model Kit - Detail Repair
- Ultimate Captain America Resin Model - Touching up with Pastel Chalks
- Ultimate Captain American Resin Model Kit - Finally Finished